[MISC] [MOBY-l] BioMOBY Service Failure

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Jul 23 23:00:46 UTC 2004

Yeah, it looks like the entire machine is down.  I am unable to SSH to
it either.  I have sent a heads-up to the sysadmin, but he is 6119km
away from here, and three time zones, so it might not get attended to
until Monday.

:-(

In a couple of days I am going to set up a readonly mirror of MOBY
Central here in Vancouver on the new IBM server that was awarded to the
MOBY project last month, but that machine isn't yet publicly visible, so
I haven't done it yet.  Planned for next week.

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 14:25, Vijay Narayanasamy wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I noticed that the BioMOBY gbrowse client at the BioMOBY website is down
> (5:30 pm EST US).
>
> My local MOBY Central is also timing out with the following error.
> "the namespace *** does not exist in the MOBY namespace ontology".
>
> I assume that the local MOBY Central we have uses the Ontology Server which
> is not local. How to resolve this issue?
>
> -Vijay
>

> Vijay Narayanasamy
> Bioinformatics Project Programmer and Analyst
> Human and Molecular Genetics Center
> Medical College of Wisconsin
> 8701, W. Watertown Plank Road
> Milwaukee, WI 53226
> 414-456-8026
> vnarayan at mcw.edu
> http://brc.mcw.edu/

Mark Wilkinson (mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca)
University of British Columbia iCAPTURE Centre