[MOBY-l] The fun begins

Paul Gordon gordonp at cbr.nrc.ca
Tue Jul 6 15:58:44 UTC 2004

Hi all,
  I am reworking the MobyRequest class to work with Apache Axis 1.1beta,
since 1.0 has a very crappy ClassLoader that is slowing down my applets
by generating 100's of needless HTTP requests.  While doing this, I'm
trying to make sure I parse SOAP messages as generically as possible.
The following is the first of several quirks I'm finding in almost all
services:

<namesp1:getAGICodesByGOAccResponse xmlns:namesp1="http://biomoby.org/">

The SOAP response is getting the namespace http://biomoby.org/ rather
than http://www.biomoby.org/moby as specified in the API for all the
rest of the markup.  Is the envelope node (or nodes since sometimes the
xxxResponse is wrapped in a xxxReturn) meant to be in a separate
namespace from the contents?  If so, shouldn't we call it something like
http://biomoby.org/transport for clarity's sake?