[MOBY] [MOBY-l] object deregister and find service

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Feb 13 16:50:27 UTC 2004

I can't duplicate this behaviour when I do it (in fact, it is part of my
own test-suite, so I run that test often!).   If it is really happening,
then it is definitely BAD BAD BAD!

There are, in fact, two levels of checking - the first is within MOBY
Central where it checks the service registry to see if any services are
registered that use the object.  If so, then deregistration fails.  It
then hands the request off to the OntologyServer which checks the
ontology for child nodes, and fails if they exist...

Please send me the code you are using that reveals this bug.  I wont get
to it until late next week as I am flying out to Madrid to present MOBY
to the PlaNet meeting tomorrow, but if you can show me how do duplicate
the error I will fix it ASAP, as it really is a serious bug!

Thanks!

Mark

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 10:37, Ardavan Kanani wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Lincoln wanted me to find out what would happen if an object that
> already has children was to be de-registered.  I tried this and a
> parent object, including its children, were de-registered without any
> complains from MOBY.  Is this normal or this is a bug?
>
> I have more questions that I will bring up after more testing to make
> sure I am not doing anything wrong.
>

> Ardavan

Mark Wilkinson <markw at illuminae.com>
Illuminae