[SPAM] [MOBY-l] findServices problem

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca
Tue Aug 24 20:47:07 UTC 2004

I am unable to duplicate this error - when I run it, I get only three
services back.

Can you please send me your full message so that I can check the
structure?

I have noticed that, if there is an uncaught error in the message
structure, it will by default return everything.  This is because it
auto-substitutes "moby" for the service type if that parameter isn't
included in the search request, and in the absence of any other
parameters (since the message had an invalid structure) it will find
everything.  I don't know how badly it would hurt anyone to switch off
this default behaviour...??

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 10:45, Paul Gordon wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
>     If I submit a LSID type request to MOBY central's findServices, like so
>
> <Simple xmlns="http://www.biomoby.org/moby">
> <objectType>urn:lsid:biomoby.org:objectclass:DNASequence</objectType>
> <Namespace></Namespace>
> </Simple>
>
> I get every service back!  Does MOBY central not recognize the LSID format?
> If it doesn't recognize a format, should it return every service?  The
> LSID style is the data type of ID returned by Java MOBY objects.  I
> wasn't running into this problem with base Objects because I was writing
> those data types myself.
Mark Wilkinson (mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca)
University of British Columbia iCAPTURE Centre