[MOBY-l] CVS update required from all service providers

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca
Thu Apr 29 22:39:56 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,

All current service providers will need to cvs update their
MOBY::CommonSubs module to bring everyone into sync with the message
format changes.  I just checked and all of my own services kicked back
to life as soon as I updated, so as long as you are using the libraries
a CVS update will fix everything and you wont have to change your
services.

...I know... this was an ugly one...

Sorry! :-(  I hate changing the API, but we don't do this often,
considering how young the project is!

It's all for the best, though... or so they say ;-)

Java people:  If you do a simple substitution of
	Query -> mobyContent
	Response -> mobyContent
	queryInput -> mobyData
	queryResponse -> mobyData

that is all that should be required to bring your code up to date with
the API.

Mark Wilkinson (mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca)
University of British Columbia iCAPTURE Centre