[MOBY] Re: [MOBY-l] Policy on the use of prefix 'moby'?

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Apr 13 19:41:09 UTC 2004

Hi Gabriel,

> The quickest fix for the last case would be to:
>
>         <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>         <moby:MOBY xmlns:moby="http://www.biomoby.org/moby"
>                    xmlns="http://www.biomoby.org/moby" <!-- to bring Simple,
>                                                             Object, etc.
> into the
>                                                             MOBY ns -->
>                    xmnls:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

Absolutely right... I thought I had made that change, actually, but I
might have only fixed it in one place...  I'll look again.

> Incidentally, I've come across both http://www.biomoby.org/moby and
> http://www.biomoby.org/moby-s as the namespace for MOBY keywords.  Which
> one is preferable?

this is legacy cruft.  In the beginning, there was only "moby", and then
we split the project into two branches "moby-s" and "s-moby".  It was
impractical (impossible?) to update all the various pieces of
documentation in all the various locations, so... they were generally
left as-is, and the correct namespace-of-the-moment is whatever is coded
in the libraries at any given time.  This is subject to change... and in
fact, will change again fairly soon since we are now describing
everything in the moby-s ontologies project as RDF Resources, which have
their own namespace URI's.

Mark Wilkinson (mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca)
University of British Columbia iCAPTURE Centre