[MOBY] Re: [MOBY-l] DAML/OIl editor for viewing MyGrid ontology

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Apr 6 14:30:57 UTC 2004

>   Simon> This has things like: aligning, calculating, filtering,
>   Simon> grouping, parsing, retrieving, etc. and is along the same
>   Simon> lines as we have right now in MOBY, there are 17 terms in
>   Simon> this brank with only aligning having any children.  I'll look
>   Simon> more at this and go from there.
>
> I think that it would be nice if we can try and keep the meanings of
> the different properties in sync in so far as that is possible between
> the mygrid ontology and the moby one.

I think we can all agree on that :-)  Phil, do you guys have canonical
LSID representations for your service ontology terms?

Also, I notice that URI's like:
http://www.mygrid.org.uk/ontology#bioinformatics_service  don't actually
resolve.  Is there a plan to do this such that in MOBY we can "point to"
a node on your ontology and have a client program be able to find it?

Cheers!

>  Ontologies are, after all, only
> useful in so far as they are shared.
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil
Mark Wilkinson (mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca)
University of British Columbia iCAPTURE Centre