[MOBY-l] DAML/OIl editor for viewing MyGrid ontology

Twigger, Simon simont at mcw.edu
Sun Apr 4 20:39:32 UTC 2004

Hi there,

After some hacking around online whilst waiting in the scenic Concourse B at
La Guardia airport, I found a DAML/Oil editor that I could get to work on my
Mac and that accepted the MyGrid ontology files:

I tried the Protege editor which looked really nice but I couldnt find a way
to get DAML/Oil into the app from the flat file, the DAML/Oil plugin is out
of date and doesnt work with the latest version of protege
(http://protege.stanford.edu). It looks good and has an Owl plugin but I
dont have Owl files to play with to test it out.

OilEd : http://oiled.man.ac.uk/ (java app)

The MyGrid ontology files can be found here:

http://cvs.mygrid.org.uk/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mygrid/ontology-server/etc/onto
logy/

I used the mygrid.daml file in OilEd and its working nicely.

>From preliminary review, it looks like the branches of interest for the MOBY
service ontology might be:

top:domain_concept#1:process#1:generic_process#1

This has things like: aligning, calculating, filtering, grouping, parsing,
retrieving, etc. and is along the same lines as we have right now in MOBY,
there are 17 terms in this brank with only aligning having any children.
I'll look more at this and go from there.

Simon.