[MOBY-l] New example service

Ken Steube steube at sdsc.edu
Fri Oct 31 09:31:53 EST 2003

Hey there,

I just created a new example service to give to aspiring MOBY'ers.
It's not really a useful service but it's OK for an example of how to
write services:  it takes a GenericSequence or better and returns a
String containing a FASTA formatted sequence.

  http://plantgenome.sdsc.edu/mobyed2/Fasta_Service

XML parsing: I finally got around to doing this better, but still within
the limitations of XML::DOM. I created a perl module MobyXmlObject.pm that
stores any MOBY data object and gives easy access to all the data and all
the included MOBY objects.

The best part:  it also has a script that allows you to debug it at
the command line without going through a SOAP connection.

Comments welcome...could use some help to make sure I'm providing a good
example! It comes with detailed instructions on how to set it up and run
it.

Ken

Ken Steube            steube at sdsc.edu
San Diego Supercomputer Center @ UCSD