[MOBY] Re: [MOBY-l] XML namespaces

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Oct 24 09:36:31 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 07:58, Paul Gordon wrote:

> While I agree that if you declare it as the default name space, you
> don't need the moby:, I **strongly** suggest you use an
> XML parser that supports namespaces.

I agree 110%.  If we put as much energy into re-coding the registry as
we did complaining about the moby: namespace the problem wouldn't exist
anymore.

One thing for certain: we are *not* going to encourage slipshod XML, or
redefine the XML specification itself just for our own convenience!  We
have to maintain some credibility... even if it means an extra line or
two of code here and there in the short-term.

Ken, if you send me the XML message that is causing you headaches I will
fix the CommonSubs routine that is failing.  There should be little need
for you to ever worry about the moby: prefix if you are using the
CommonSubs routines...