[MOBY-l] Java version of Moby

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 19 16:12:40 UTC 2003

> >From reading the archives and assorted documents I understand
> that there is a Java version of Moby Central is in the works.
> Is there a status on it? Or is there someone I can contact
> to see how close the software is to being available?

   I was planning to work on it but then I found that Brian Gilman
(gilmanb at genome.wi.mit.edu) has already started (I see him coding during
the biohackaton last month). Also, he is organising a coding session
durong the May I3C meeting (Boston) which may contain also some work on
the jMoby server. Therefore, I decided to wait until May - and perhaps
after that to re-consider the work on the server. Also, Mark is working
now actively on the API specs (due to the end of this month) - so it may
be better to wait for it before a significant work on a server.

   Just may 2c,
   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger