[MOBY-l] Discovery protocols review

Phillip Lord p.lord at russet.org.uk
Thu Mar 13 15:59:33 UTC 2003

I thought that you might also be interested in the following....

http://twiki.mygrid.info/twiki/bin/view/Technologies/OntologicalDescription

http://twiki.mygrid.info/twiki/pub/Technologies/OntologicalDescription/nesc2.pdf

which describe the basic ideas that I have, for doing semantic service
discovery within mygrid. The architecture that we have allows us to
split service discovery from the registration (although does not
mandate this), which allows service discovery by arbitrary metadata,
even if the service registry does not understand this metadata. Also
with a small modification it allows third party metadata (ie not
provided by the service provider directly).

I would be interested in opinions.

Cheers

Phil