[MOBY-l] moby questions

Benjamin H Szekely bhszekel at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 16 15:40:00 UTC 2003

   I'm starting to play around with Moby to begin building that component
of the I3C demo.   I have  few initial questions that are probably quite
obvious.

1) I tried calling a few methods using CentralImpl and I'm getting errors.
 I did a call to getServices and then tried getting the wsdl for one of
them and go the following error:

                Central central = new CentralImpl();
                Map map = central.getServiceNames();
                Object[] names = map.keySet().toArray();
                for (int i=0;i<names.length;i++) {
                        System.err.println(names[i] + ":" +
map.get(names[i]));
                }
                System.err.println(central.getServiceWSDL("Servicetest4","
http://mips.gsf.de/MOBY/Central"));
                //MobyService[] services = central.findService(new
String[]{"embl"});
                //System.err.println(services.length);
        }
}

Servicetest4:http://mips.gsf.de/MOBY/Central
Servicetest_2:illuminae.com
getEmblByBAC:mips.gsf.de
getEmblByKeyword:mips.gsf.de
TestingServiceNew:org.embl.ebi.senger
getSequenceByBAC:mips.gsf.de
Servicetest3:http://mips.gsf.de/MOBY/Central
TestingService_1046534014378:org.embl.ebi.senger
getSequenceByEMBL:mips.gsf.de
retrieveSequences:www.arabidopsis.org
Servicetest6:http://mips.gsf.de/MOBY/Central
retrieveGOannotations:www.arabidopsis.org
Servicetest2:mips.gsf.de
getAGICodebyEmblAccession:mips.gsf.de
ParseBlastText:http://illuminae.com
Servicetest_22:illuminae.com
Servicetest5:http://mips.gsf.de/MOBY/Central
RetrieveGOFromKeywords:flybase.org
getAGICodeByBAC:mips.gsf.de
getArabidopsisProteinByKeyword:mips.gsf.de
org.biomoby.shared.MobyException: ===ERROR===
Fault details:
[stackTrace: null]
Fault string: Can't call method "getChildNodes" on an undefined value at
MOBY/Central.pm line 2783.

Fault code:   {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server
Fault actor:  null
When calling:
        http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/MOBY-Central.pl
===========

        at org.biomoby.client.CentralImpl.doCall(CentralImpl.java:158)
        at
org.biomoby.client.CentralImpl.getServiceWSDL(CentralImpl.java:684)
        at MobyTest.main(MobyTest.java:24)
Exception in thread "main"

2). I was looking over the moby overview document and I think I understand
the message formats.  However, I'm not clear how the soap will look.  Are
those XML messages simple contained in the body of the message ? I need to
know this so I can design my moby service and build the client.  Also,
what is the best way to write a moby service in java ? How do people do
this?

Any doc pointers would be great.  Thanks.

  Ben Szekely