[MOBY-l] rundown of the use of UDDI, WSDL, SOAP, etc. in Moby

Michael Jensen michael at acutrans.net
Thu Dec 18 22:58:27 UTC 2003

These perl modules have been great for not having to mess with the
underlying protocols like SOAP. One question I have is where does UDDI
and WSDL fit in (if at all) and exactly where and when are they being
used, say for instance I am using this script for finding all the
services:

use MOBY::Client::Central;
my $Central = MOBY::Client::Central->new();
my $types = $Central->retrieveServiceTypes();
print "Description of types of services\n\n";
foreach my $type (keys %{ $types} ) {
     print "Type: ", $type, " Description: ", $$types{$type}, "\n";
     my ($ServiceInstances, $RegObject) =
$Central->findService(serviceType  => $type);
     next if (not $ServiceInstances);
     foreach my $ServiceInstance (@{ $ServiceInstances } ){
         print "\t", $ServiceInstance->name;
         print " (", $ServiceInstance->authority, ")";
         print "\n\t", $ServiceInstance->description, "\n";
     }
}

(Found at:
http://www.pasteur.fr/%7Eletondal/biomoby/biomoby-tutorial-perl-
sol.html)

Any resources, explanations, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Michael
mdjgf8 at mizzou.edu