[MOBY-l] service = method ?

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Fri Oct 25 20:53:59 UTC 2002

Yabbut...

Realistically, most service providers are not going to want to store
query results on their servers waiting for the client to get around to
picking them up.  The simple services are going to just send back the
originating object as their "bookmark" and say "take this back and give
it to me again when you are really ready to accept the result".

Maybe this is okay, though... because you gain that intermediate
opportunity for the service provider to examine what you have given them
and send you back some metadata if they, for example, know that they are
going to puke on it... Still, two SOAP calls to do what is effectively a
single transaction is not very efficient.

Hmmmmmm....

--
"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson, RA Bioinformatics
National Research Council, Plant Biotechnology Institute
110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada

phone : (306) 975 5279
pager : (306) 934 2322
mobile: markw_mobile at illuminae dot com