[MOBY-l] further thoughts on atomic services & service description

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Mon Nov 25 17:18:37 UTC 2002

Martin Senger wrote:
>    Just one comment on breaking a service into more atomic services: Each
> of such atomic services would need its own WSDL - so the service provider
> needs to maintain more services with more WSDLs

Only if that is the service-providers responsibility.  Under the
existing MOBY architechture it is not... which is *precisly* why it was
designed this way.

>    And one more thought: If we decide to go with registering a "path" of
> atomic services we should not invent a new language or format for it, we
> should take an existing one, for example a reasonable candidate would be
> WSFL (a language for describing workflows of web services).

I agree entirely.  However, we first need to see what our service paths
look like... since we don't even have an imaginary one at the moment :-)

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson, RA Bioinformatics
National Research Council, Plant Biotechnology Institute
110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada

phone : (306) 975 5279
pager : (306) 934 2322
mobile: markw_mobile at illuminae dot com