[MOBY-l] CVS moved to dev.open-bio.org

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Thu Nov 7 14:04:58 UTC 2002

Hi all,

Developer's may have noticed that your MOBY cvs updates are no longer
working (anonymous cvs updates should not be affected).   This is
because the new read/write CVS repository at open-bio has been moved to
a new machine:  dev.open-bio.org

To auto-update your existing CVS, try the following (all on one line;
thanks to Aaron J Mackey on the bioperl list for this tip):

find . -name "Root" ! -type d | xargs perl -p -i.orig -e
's/ext:(\w+)\@[^\/]+:?/ext:$1\@dev.open-bio.org:/'

This will make a backup copy of your existing Root file(s) in the CVS
folder of each moby-live subdirectory, and will alter the file content
to point to the new repository.  I just tried it and it worked nicely,
but if you have been making changes and not checking them in you should
probably make a backup of your work before you try this just in case...

I'll update the website with the new checkout information right away.

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson, RA Bioinformatics
National Research Council, Plant Biotechnology Institute
110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada

phone : (306) 975 5279
pager : (306) 934 2322
mobile: markw_mobile at illuminae dot com