[MOBY-l] Hmmm... ID objects or SpecificID objects??

Lukas Mueller mueller at acoma.stanford.edu
Thu May 30 23:45:10 UTC 2002

IMHO, it should be up to the service which namespace to accept. The
problem is how does the caller know about it? -- The namespace info
could be added into the name of the service,
RetrieveSequenceWithGenbankID would obviously expect a Genbank ID and
reject all others), or in a description field, or in a namespaces field
in the moby central registry. Creating lots of different objects will be
too messy.
Lukas