[MOBY-l] Suggestions for corporate sponsorship?

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Wed May 29 22:16:43 UTC 2002

Hi all,

Further to my mail from yesterday discussing the genome Canada award -
we're now on the hunt for matching funds!

Do any of you have "contacts"  >wink wink, nudge nudge<  with industry
suits who might be interested in funding this project?  For example, as
Midori pointed out, AstraZeneca funded the Gene Ontology project at the
beginning, so there are at least some companies who have an open-source
vision.  I don't want to step on GO's toes by approaching AZ to fund
MOBY, but if any of you know of other corporations who might be
"sympathetic" to our cause I'd sure like to know about it!  Surely the
I3C doesn't have *all* of them in its pocket ;-)

Matching can take many forms, but cash is wonderful!

Any advice appreciated,

Mark

--
"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."