[MOBY-l] locateServiceByInput - what does "@IN" mean?

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Wed May 15 21:47:36 UTC 2002

The MOBY-Central call "locateServiceByInput" takes a list (should be a list
reference, actually - I'll fix that) of input Objects as one of its
parameters.  Should MOBY-Central return only the services which take as input
*all* Objects in that list, or should it return the services which take one or
more of the objects in that list?

Intuitively, I would think it should return just the "all" answer, but when I
think about it from the Client's perspective, I might want to follow up on only
one of my object types, rather than limiting myself to only those services
which take both...

Is breaking down the objects in-hand a client-side problem, or should
MOBY-Central deal with it?

I'm torn...  Personally, I'd prefer to leave it up to the client... that
certainly makes the query easier ;-)   What do y'all think?

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Bioinformatics Group
National Research Council of Canada