[MOBY-l] revised database schema

Jason E. Stewart jason at openinformatics.com
Wed May 15 15:35:32 UTC 2002

"Mark Wilkinson" <mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca> writes:

> CREATE TABLE RelationshipType (
>   id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
>   type varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
>   description text NOT NULL,
>   PRIMARY KEY  (id)
> ) TYPE=MyISAM;
>
> CREATE TABLE Term2Term (
>   ontologyentry1_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
>   ontologyentry2_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
>   relationship_type_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
>   is_obselete enum('n','y') default NULL
> ) TYPE=MyISAM;

Hey Mark,

I can't currently imagine a situation in which any of the ontologies
we have proposed would want to use a relationship other than IS-A. Can
you? If not, I suggest remove the relationship_type_id column of
Term2Term, and the RelationshipType table for now.

Let's stick with the Stein-methodology and use simple concepts that we
have a hope of implementing, and build up the complexity from there.

Cheers,
jas.