[MOBY-l] Corporate Sponsorship

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Wed May 15 14:08:05 UTC 2002

As many of you know, the BioMOBY project was recently awarded a nice sum
of money (exact amount still TBA) from Genome Canada.  The release of
this money, however, comes with a catch:  I have to find a matching
dollar from elsewhere for every dollar that we get from GC.

I just want to test the waters with the rest of you to see if anyone has
strong objections to me attempting to get private-sector matching
funds.  Of course, I wont let this change the license agreement (which
we still have to chose, b.t.w.), but it might have to involve having a
"sponsored by" logo on the project page.

Please let me know how you all feel about this.  If there are strong
objections, I will rule this out and try to find another way.

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Bioinformatics Group
National Research Council of Canada