[MOBY-l] MOBY Request/Response envelopes

mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Fri Jul 19 13:37:18 UTC 2002

In an offline conversation with Lukas we have agreed that, for several
reasons, both the request and the response should be in a <MOBY>
envelope (previously it was just the response).

Since nobody else has set up services ( ;-) ), this probably wont affect
anyone, but it's just a heads up.

I have changed several things on the biomoby website, including the
project description to better reflect "who we are" and "what we are",
and the overview has been modified to better represent the current state
of MOBY request/response structures.

Chris Mungall is planning to give me access to the FlyBase server so
that I can set up some services  on their behalf just to get things
started, and Lukas is well on his way to having services set up at
TAIR.  That means that, by early next week (perhaps even by the end of
today!) we might have MOBY services linking three public institutions!
yay!

I'm perfectly willing to do hands-on work with other groups to get the
ball rolling - if you want a hand let me know.  I3C and ISMB are coming
up, but after that I'm basically free, and am planning to take summer
holidays (at home) so I will have lots of free time on my hands...

Best wishes everyone!

Mark

--
"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson, RA Bioinformatics
National Research Council, Plant Biotechnology Institute
110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada

phone : (306) 975 5279
pager : (306) 934 2322
mobile: markw_mobile at illuminae.com