[MOBY-l] comments about the server

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Wed Oct 31 22:39:22 UTC 2001

Hi again,

Just a couple of comments about the server:

Notice that the "dispatch_to" command points to the subroutine "PrimarySeq".  In principle, the various services (i.e.
methods/subroutines) can exist in entirely separate Perl modules from the server script itself, and thus a single server script
could serve various methods by dynamically chosing the sub that it needs to execute from a folder of modules it knows about.
In that case, the "dispatch_to" points to a folder containing the modules, or to the modules themselves.

I say "in principle" because I have not yet managed to get that to work for me (hence my comment about $class always being
"main") ... but I am still working on it. I'll post to the group if I figure it out, but if anyone else knows please post the
solution as it is driving me nuts!

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Bioinformatics Group