[MOBY-dev] BioMoby

Mark markw at illuminae.com
Wed Apr 27 21:09:47 UTC 2011

Hi all!

The activities of my laboratory will soon be coming to a close.  I'm
wondering if there is anyone in the Moby community who would be willing to
take-over responsibility for the project?  There isn't much activity in
Moby anymore, so it isn't a huge job :-)  (now SADI, on the other hand, is
ROCKING!!  :-)  :-) )

To be best of my knowledge, the server hosting the Canadian MOBY Central
will continue to be hosted at the SUN Center of Excellence for the time
being, however there will be no Moby-specific staff looking after it, and
problems (especially code/database problems) may not be fixed in a timely
way (if at all!).  As such, it might also be worth discussing if anyone
would be willing to take Eddie's place as the primary support person for
BioMoby, and perhaps even host the public registry at some point in the
future.

Thoughts?

Best wishes all!

Mark