[MOBY-dev] Fwd: Security Settings Violations/Violation des règles de sécurités

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 08:29:05 UTC 2010

> Having a look at the Moby Dashboard, we couldn't find a registry that
> contains both types GCP_SimpleIdentifierWithTypeOperatorAndCount and
> GCP_GenomicFeatureVariant.  Even stranger, GCP_GenomicFeatureVariant is
> missing from IRRI registry whereas it contains a service named
> GetTropgeneAlleleV2 (in tropgenedb.cirad.fr) that actually uses that
> datatype as output...

A simple answer is that, probably, the IRRI registry is not in the best
shape. From the beginning, and by its nature (I would say) the BioMoby
project had two (at least) parts: one part are services and one part are the
registries of services. And these two parts do not need necessarily be
synchronized. One can run a service that is not registered, at all. But some
software clients expect this synchronization to happen - and the software
using the jar file you are looking for (a jar file with Java classes
represented known BioMoby data types) is one of them.

The best way out is to update IRRI (or whatever) registry by the missing
data types, I would suggest.

email: martin.senger at gmail.com,martin.senger at kaust.edu.sa