[MOBY-dev] [MOBY-l] What to do with the BioMoby website

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Mon Jun 28 18:57:46 UTC 2010

Actually quick update from the sysadmin side here.

We were able to regain admin access and it was actually not all that
hard to migrate the blog from version 1.5.2 all the way up to wordpress 3.0

Currently we are re-processing 70,000 comments through the akismet spam
tester. It's likely that 100% of those comments were spam but since I
don't have time to manually review them we decided to pipe them through
the spam filter again and see what stays.

Anyway since the wordpress 3.0 upgrade went smoothly I think the "what
to do" discussion has less urgency. If it would have been a beast to
clean up the website then we'd proabably want to talk about relocating
it to a less harmful sandbox but that no longer may be necessary.

It will take me the rest of the week to see if our box is still
compromised and we eventually need to wipe and update the entire system
since it's running an ancient version of CentOS but overall I'm feeling
OK with leaving the newly updated site as-is

-Chris