[MOBY-dev] jMoby and Java 6

Pieter Neerincx pieter.neerincx at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 13:05:01 UTC 2009

Hi Martin and Dmitry,

There is an issue for those on Mac OS X. Requiring Java 6 requires a
recent Intel-based Mac, because Apple refused make a Java 6 VM for PPC-
based Macs. There are still plenty PPC-based Macs in the wild, but for
the latest version of Mac OS X "Snow Leopard" (released last week)
Apple ditched support for PPC-based Macs. So, some might be
disappointed, but I guess now that Apple ditched PPC support, the time
is right for Moby to move on and ditch PPC support too...

Cheers,

Pi

On 7•Sep•2009, at 2:47 PM, Martin Senger wrote:

> Dmitry would like to submit some Java code to jMoby - but it needs
> Java 6.
> So far, we have used Java 5. Should we move to Java 6 now? Any
> objections?
> Or do you need some time to be able to update your code?
>
> Cheers,
> Martin
>
> --
> Martin Senger
> email: martin.senger at gmail.com,m.senger at cgiar.org
> skype: martinsenger

Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics
Utrecht University

Visiting address:
H.R. Kruyt building room O607
Padualaan 8