[MOBY-dev] Human Readable Registry on the Web ?

Steffen Neumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Thu Jun 11 11:47:18 UTC 2009

Hi,

There is an itch I have since I got to know Moby:
I'd like to *quickly* browse available services
without fireing up the Dashboard. Or, maybe
I'd like to tell someone "we have written
this super-cool BioMoby service", and point them
to a URL with a nicely formatted Name and Description
of the service.

* The serviceList is missing the both the description
  and some <a name="ipb-halle"> to point to our services
  http://biomoby.org/cgi-bin/serviceList, same with
  http://moby.ucalgary.ca/moby/ValidateService

* The WSDL at e.g.
  http://biomoby.org/services/wsdl/ipb-halle.de/MassBank_unique_DBLinks
  is not really human readable.

* The RDF at http://moby.ucalgary.ca/RESOURCES/MOBY-S/ServiceInstances
  is neither human readable, nor can I point to my service

* GBwrose can't easily be linked to with any search parameters,
  and anyway offers way too much functionality for my purpose

Did I miss anything obvious ? I'd expect that a nicely formatted
web accessible registry overview (with occasional visits
by google et al) could boost public visibility of BioMoby.

Yours,
Steffen

--
IPB Halle                    AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.IPB-Halle.DE