[MOBY-dev] invoking document literal services

Stian Soiland-Reyes soiland-reyes at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Fri Jul 3 17:54:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 03:27, Dmitry Repchevsky<dmitry.repchevski at bsc.es> wrote:

> My proposal (and Jason agreed with me) was to use Moby message "as is"
> inside a SOAP BODY.
> This way only "moby" part of schema is needed (the ontology objects defined
> as "any").

Excuse me if I sound daft.. but what is the point of making a
Document/literal service if you end up having to use xsd:any and a
normal Moby message?  (Or do we have an XSD schema for Moby
messages..?)

You might with doc/literal be able to support a more up-to-date
clients like Axis2 and CXF for Java, but if it's just a wrapper for
the 'real' Moby message inside that needs to be parsed manually or
using moby libraries.. what is the big gain? :-)

(Not to say I don't recommend using doc/literal instead of
rpc/whatever! :-) Just wondering what the benefits would be..)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science