[MOBY-dev] [moby] integration of datatypes with multiparental relations in the datatype ontology

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Nov 25 19:20:27 UTC 2008

Hi Julien,

I don't see how it would be possible to integrate an "arbitrary" OWL
ontology into the datatype (you mean Object, right?) ontology in any
case... Can you please explain in more detail?

At this time, the ISA relationship in the Moby object ontology only allows
single parenting and there are no plans to change that at the moment.
This is because the serialization of instances of Moby Objevt nodes is
tied to the ISA relationship, so it would be a fairly significant change
in "logic" to allow multiple parenting I suspect...

Mark