[MOBY-dev] MOBY::Client::Central::Dump()

Pieter Neerincx pieter.neerincx at gmail.com
Mon May 12 12:21:12 UTC 2008

Hi Eddie & Mark,

Eh well it works, but not the way it is supposed to. When I call
MOBY::Client::Central::Dump() on the public Central in Calgary I get
the following error:

	Not an ARRAY reference at /geninf/prog/lib/perl/MOBY/Client/
Central.pm line 1927

Indeed what I get back is a hash reference. This hash contains only a
single item with the key 'item'. If I change:

1927    my (
                $mobycentral,   $mobyobject, $mobyservice,
                $mobynamespace, $mobyrelationship
           )
           = @{$SQLs};

Into:

1927      my (
                 $mobycentral,   $mobyobject, $mobyservice,
                 $mobynamespace, $mobyrelationship
           )
           = @{${$SQLs}{item}};

...it does work. I checked the MOBY::Central.pm module from CVS and it
is supposed to return an array ref as before. I upgraded BioMoby + all
dependancies and compared the behaviour of the official Central with
my local test Central and the latter still produces an array ref as
expected... Looks to me like the official Central got a custom patch
of some sort. Could one of you please have a look at this?

Thanks,

Pi