[MOBY-dev] Service registration from XML

wasser hao.chen at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed May 7 12:02:28 UTC 2008

hi, Dmitry

according to Biomoby API
(http://biomoby.open-bio.org/CVS_CONTENT/moby-live/Java/docs/API/org/biomoby/registry/Central/Registry.html) is an XML string with the following structure:

<registerService>
          <Category>moby</Category> <!-- one of 'moby', 'cgi', 'soap' -->
          <serviceName>YourServiceNameHere</serviceName>
          <serviceType>TypeOntologyTerm</serviceType>
          <authURI>your.URI.here</authURI>
          <signatureURL> http://some.URL.org/path/to/RDF/file </signatureURL>
          <URL>http://URL.to.your/Service.script</URL>;
          <contactEmail>your_name at contact.address.com</contactEmail>
          <authoritativeService>1 | 0 </authoritativeService>
          <Description><![CDATA[
                human readable COMPREHENSIVE description of your service]]>
          </Description>
          <Input>
               <!-- zero or more Primary (Simple and/or Collection) articles -->
               <!-- each of these articles will appear EXACTLY ONCE in the input to the service -->
          </Input>
          <secondaryArticles>
               <!-- zero or more INPUT Secondary (Parameter) articles -->
               <!-- each of these articles will appear EXACTLY ONCE in the output from the service -->
          </secondaryArticles>
          <Output>
               <!-- zero or more Primary (Simple and/or Collection) articles -->
          </Output>
</registerService>

I think the XML String for the method registerService() should be used without XML header.

cheers
hao chen