[MOBY-dev] building jMoby on Mac - help needed

Edward Kawas edward.kawas at gmail.com
Tue May 6 13:12:58 UTC 2008

Hi Martin,

Have you seen this link before?
http://maven.apache.org/general.html#tools-jar-dependency

Eddie

-----Original Message-----
From: moby-dev-bounces at lists.open-bio.org
[mailto:moby-dev-bounces at lists.open-bio.org] On Behalf Of Martin Senger
Sent: May-06-08 2:07 AM
To: Core developer announcements
Cc: Skofic, Milko (Bioversity)
Subject: [MOBY-dev] building jMoby on Mac - help needed

I am looking for Mac-ists who can help with the building/compiling jMoby on
Mac OS X.

The problem (as identified already during the last Biohackathon in Tokyo) is
the tools.jar library. On Mac, there is no such file because its contents is
part of the default library classes.jar. On other platforms we have to add
the tools.jar separately. That's why there is a "mac profile" in the
xmls/project.pom. But it does not work... (I wonder if it was working in the
past, at all; was it?).

The problematic (the one causing an error under Mac OS X) are the lines (in
build.xml):

    <fileset dir="${java.home}/../lib">
      <include name="tools.jar"/>
    </fileset>

I really do not understand how the profile tag in xmls/project.pom works, or
should work, to make the lines above working. Any help around?

Many thanks,

email: martin.senger at gmail.com,m.senger at cgiar.org