[MOBY-dev] General deployment question

Andreas Groscurth groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Wed Mar 12 14:31:34 UTC 2008

Martin Senger wrote:
>> You said you can access the samples, so why not copying not all samples,
>> but the class which was entered in dashboard ?
>>

> When I was writing my answer, this alternative came to my mind - and I was
> just telling myself "don't worry, nobody will think about it" :-)

hehe ;-)
> Seriously, this is not a right solution because this would bring just one
> class to the Tomcat - but the implementation may require more classes (the
> ones the main class depends on). I would say, we either let it as it is now,
> or we add all samples to deployment. Because you are explaining now how
> important the samples directory had and have been, perhaps I should take it
> as a hint and not to be too concerned about having  these classes deployed,
> after all. Which means I am (being influenced by you) changing my mind now -
> so should I go ahead and add samples there? [Perhaps I will do it using some
> property defining a conditional inclusion, with its default value as true?]

maybe we wait some hours if the guys from Canada want something to say :)

I'm still convinced that you should deploy all classes in samples
(because yes, you are right, web service might a) have several classes
and b) these classes might be in different packages), with excluding
org.biomoby.tutorial.*.
The idea of a property for that sounds good to me, so the people can
decide which way they want to go.

thx for that discussion Martin :)

Andreas