[MOBY-dev] General deployment question

Andreas Groscurth groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Wed Mar 12 13:28:51 UTC 2008

Finally i think we get along with what we are talking about ;-) I do
understand your points... *cheer*

Martin Senger wrote:
>> I can find the samples, I admit it. But I am not sure if it is a good idea
>> to deploy samples every time anybody does the deployment. I already asked if
>> it was what you were suggesting. Were you? Is it really wise to deploy
>> things that are not needed for those who do not provide sample services, at
>> all

Yes thats what I asked for... see answer below
> Again - my implementation of the Web Service is inside src/samples and
>> the compilation is in build/others/samples.
>>

> But that's just your case, not everybody does it like that. I may have my
> implementation in a totally different Eclipse project - and I have to tell
> Dashboard "Hey, here are my jar files".

Now I do get the essentiell point. But for my whole BioMoby life I was
told... my Web Services HAVE to be in src/samples and will be compiled
to build/others/samples. and honestly we tell that every person form all
workshops now for years (so that was not only my view of this).
Now that I know that the samples folder is not automatically the
implementation folder (which makes sense, but why was I told so ;-) ) I
understand your objection and therefore you are right. With assuming the
classes in samples are not automatically the web services it is not wise
to deploy them

its just horrible - people doing this now for quite a while....

Best and thx
andreas