[MOBY-dev] sending data by reference

Dmitry Repchevsky dmitry.repchevski at bsc.es
Tue Jun 17 10:43:47 UTC 2008

Doesn't we already have WSRF references?

I mean that they uniquely reference the resource that not necessary must
be accessed from the same service that called "asynchronous" service.

Actually this is what WSRF is about - persistence rather than asynchrony.
We can use WS Addressing (as we do now) in the same way as for
asynchronous services...
We can look also into WS-Naming specification from Open Grid consorcium
(GDF-109.pdf).
The latest becomes the standard to reference webservices in a
distributed world...

I am not sure how to include it into current Moby message... IMHO we
desperately need a doc/lit schema based services to move forward (by the
way, any news about Perl?).

I am going to rise all these question in INB meeting in Valencia 13-15
of July.

Best regards,

Dmitry