[MOBY-dev] Dead services and how to figure them out

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Fri Jun 13 15:48:15 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'll respond to several posts at once:

1. There is a list of dead services at Moby Central, but it is not used
by default in the jMoby API, and it's not part of the formal API.
http://moby.ucalgary.ca/moby/ValidateService. Eddie, should it be?
2. There is a mechanism to flag services in MobyService, but it does not
do the checking itself.  For an example of ping checking and flagging
based on the aforementioned URL, see
ca.ucalgary.seahawk.services.MobyClient and search for "MobyService.ALIVE".
3. We decided at the Hackathon in February to introduce service test
cases in the service metadata (retrievable by LSID resolution), but I'm
not sure if that made it into the documentation.  Mark?  I'll add
support for this jMoby if someone points me to the docs.

Cheers,

Paul

>>> Andreas