[MOBY-dev] Dead services and how to figure them out

Andreas Groscurth groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Fri Jun 13 13:57:44 UTC 2008

Hi,

just a short question about dead services.
I call some services with my aggregator, which are registered at the
production central. Some of them always return and error and therefore
arent useable at all.

E.g. getAREXGFPImageCollection from arexdb.org

if i ping it in dashboard it tells me "getAREXGFPImageCollection is
dead" - but on the "dead service" page it is not listed (and its dead
for a longer time)

Also in the Java code in MobyService there are flags for the status of a
service - but how to i find them out - after a findService call all
service i retrieve have status 0 (unchecked).

So my questions/comment:

1. The dead service page does not show up all dead services.
2. How do I find out with JMoby if a service is dead ?

THX
Andreas