[MOBY-dev] BioMoby central dead...

Heiko Schoof schoof at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Thu Jun 12 10:00:07 UTC 2008

Hi,
we have implemented synchronization of moby centrals. But it needs
some testing under production conditions. Read-only should work fine.
So if anyone is willing and able to host an alternative moby-
central... we are in the process of setting one up, and could
possibly act as European mirror. But I need to discuss this with
Andreas first, and see in what time scale this is feasible.
Has anyone else been experimenting with the synchronization code from
Andreas?

What would then be missing is the implementation for a fall-back in
the client libraries, I think. In effect, the ability to give a
second moby-central, which is used if connections to the primary fail.

Best, Heiko