[MOBY-dev] data by reference - a request for comments

Dmitry Repchevsky dmitry.repchevski at bsc.es
Sat Jul 26 10:49:07 UTC 2008

Hello everybody,

WSRF has a way to reference a part of resource using XPath expressions.
It's easy to include it just by updating current asynchronous specification.
The only thing to do is to implement QueryResourceProperties method.

So we can always get any part of mobyData (for practical reason I think
to limit it to MobySimple/MobyCollection).

This way the reference to any remote resource will be standard WSRF
reference (based on WS-Addressing) with XPath expression to get the
interested part of it.

I'm not very good in XPath, but something like this:
String expression =
"/*[local-name()='MOBY']/*[local-name()='mobyContent']/*[local-name()='mobyData'
and @*[local-name()='queryID']='id_01']/*[local-name()='Simple' and
@*[local-name()='articleName']='sequence']"

will give us a "Simple" with articleName = "sequence";

Best regards,

Dmitry