[MOBY-dev] data by reference - a request for comments

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 00:06:03 UTC 2008

Thank you for all your comments. We need to move on, however. I am, almost
impatiently, waiting for a conclusion because I need to implement the
"data-by-reference" rather soon. Are there other people preparing/building
their comments - so we should wait for them, or can I summarize what was
said so far - and create an official "RFC" from it?

My personal opinion is still on the side to have references only for
primitives. I am not convinced by the Peter's vision of a huge collection
that is too big even when it uses references. I am simply trying to find a
solution that will be good for the most cases - and then deal with the
marginal cases separately (like by designing the service differently).

I would like to hear also Eddie's voice - because he knows how easy or hard
it would be to make the way we decide to do the "data-by-reference" in
Taverna (and I am still talking about the T1 which I expect to be supported
for some time).

email: martin.senger at gmail.com,m.senger at cgiar.org