[MOBY-dev] findService and the hierarchy

Andreas Groscurth groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Tue Jul 15 11:56:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

another question from my side...

I use the findService method in jmoby in CentralImpl. Due to the code
all calls end up in the method findService(MobyService service, String[]
keyword, boolean includeChildrenServiceType, boolean
includeParentDatatype).
I use the MobyDatatype Annotated_GO_Term which is a child of GO_Term. In
my opinion when searching for services consuming Annotated_GO_Term via
the findService method i should also include the service which consumes
a GO_Term datatype, as this is the parent datatype (per default
'includeParentDatatype' is true)....

what is wrong in this way to think ? because i do not find service with
datatype GO_Term ? and if the way i think is wrong - can you give me an
example how this parameter is used at all ?

Thanks
andreas