[MOBY-dev] strange behaviour

Judith Flo jflo at imim.es
Tue Jul 8 11:42:04 UTC 2008

Hi,
Yesterday I changed one datatype (WeightedObject) to add another String
(Description). I unregistered the previous one and registered the new
one, same name, diferent structure.

Now the problem: when I try to compile the service, i get an error
telling me that the method that should set, this new attribute doesn't
exists. It is a very strange problem I've never seen before... The
curious is that Eclipse is not complaining and when I type object.set it
shows me as a possible operation to do, to set this atribute, but when I
try to compile it, just get:

    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to
/home/judith/workspace3/services/WebContent/WEB-INF/classes

    [javac]
/home/judith/workspace3/services/src/es/imim/cgl/runBlastXPImpl.java:76:
cannot find symbol

    [javac] symbol  : method set_Description(java.lang.String)

    [javac] location: class org.biomoby.shared.datatypes.WeightedObject

    [javac]                     w.set_Description("asdf");

    [javac]                      ^

    [javac] 1 error

Does someone know what's happening?
Of course I have regenerated the biomoby-datatypes.jar and now I check
that the new class exists and it contains this new atribute.