[MOBY-dev] data by reference - a request for comments

Mark markw at illuminae.com
Wed Jul 2 14:11:29 UTC 2008

>> The second purpose (B) is to be able to send around already existing
>> references (such as URLs of the EMBL or NCBI records).
> Here is the question where ever we continue to invent standards or
> trying to use SOAP capabilities...
> Finally we have WS-Addressing  (and even have it implemented in Perl :-)
> ).
> More we have WSRF that is exactly for this purpose - reference for
> resource.

Hi Dmitry!

Could you send an example of a Moby message that has multiple components
(e.g., the image and annotation component of SimpleAnnotatedJpegImage)
where the content of the data-carrying primitives are references using the
WS-Addressing standard?  that way, we'll all know without any ambiguity
what it is you are suggesting.

Thanks!

Mark