[MOBY-dev] a request: In preparation for the Moby Annotation Jamboree...

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Aug 19 20:07:25 UTC 2008

Hello all Mobyers!

We're putting together the last pieces of cyber-infrastructure to run the
Moby Service annotation jamboree, but we need your help!

This jamboree, while being useful to us, is actually part of an experiment
being run by my grad student Ben Good, who is studying community
annotation and ontology-building.  He needs to be sure that he gets a
concentration of annotations around services that are actively being used
by the community in order to have the statistical power to measure
improvement in discoverability as a result of these annotations.  As such,
we are requesting that anyone who is willing to share their workflows
please do so, and we will "skew" the annotation jamboree to emphasize
those services.

If you are willing to share, please either send your workflow to the
mailing list, or directly to me, or BETTER YET, consider adding it to the
myExperiment repository (http://myexperiment.org) and tagging it "moby" to
make it easy to find :-)

If I could collect these within the next 2 weeks that would be PERFECTO!

Thanks everyone!

Mark