[MOBY-dev] Binary data streaming

Dmitry Repchevsky dmitry.repchevski at bsc.es
Tue Aug 12 10:15:29 UTC 2008

> I mean that if you want  "to have control over how to treat the
> referenced data" Xinclude allows this possibility, but at the same time
> offers the possibility of handle them automatically.
I am afraid the only way to make it work is to have it always switched
off...

By the way, what is your opinion about FastInfoset???
Could it be used with XInclude?

I mean that it compresses data very well (it transforms XML schema into
ASN.1 and use BER encoding
If I have some ontology class with binary data (base64binary) and send
this "Moby Object" as an XML, but using FastInfoset... for the traffic
if would be virtually the same as it was "plain" binary stream.

I mean that we can have say "BinaryImage" ontology object that is using
"binary" primitive type.
Then instead of making an url into "http://mysite.com/image.jpg"
we make a reference into "http://mysite.com/image.xml"

The latter could be included and processed automatically by XInclude,
but if we enable FastInfoset for it - it will be sent as a binary data
over a network...

Just a few thoughts...

Best wishes,

Dmitry