[MOBY-dev] Problems with service registration using dashboard

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 14:32:19 UTC 2008

> We can start it next week.

Okay, but...

> Let's think of some solutions

...there is no special solution needed I think. You just must make sure that
the XML data coming to the registry are really coded as UTF-8 - and if not
(like it was, I assume, with the Rene's service) you have to refuse them to
be registered. Or, the data from Rene's was, indeed, correct, but you read
and saved them wrongly.

Just a remark: When I said that the Rene's data were (probably) wrong, I am
not suggesting that Rene made a mistake, it was probably my Java code in
CentralImpl that created the XML with a wrong encoding. But I need you to be
more careful at the registry side - once you reject such data on arrival, I
will be definitely notified and learn about this situation and can fix it.

email: martin.senger at gmail.com,m.senger at cgiar.org