[MOBY-dev] Binary data streaming

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 00:03:03 UTC 2008

> the correct way to implement streaming

What do you mean by "implement streaming"? I concluded that you meant
"sending binary data from (or to) a moby service". Is is correct?

> would be using XOP/MTOM specifications

This is again a SOAP-based specification, meaning another way how to make an
attachment (correct?).

I have feeling that our current proposal about the data-by-reference (that I
am going to summarize in the next few hours) has a reasonable tools for
getting binary data - if sent as a reference. If the protocol for
dereferencing is HTTP, we can use MIME type (content-type HTTP header) for
references data.

email: martin.senger at gmail.com,m.senger at cgiar.org