[MOBY-dev] GET Moby Service WSDL: RESTful BioMOBY

Duncan Hull duncan.hull at cs.man.ac.uk
Fri Oct 19 09:46:07 UTC 2007

Hi Mark

Mark Wilkinson wrote:
> Just FYI, I have just set-up a way to retrieve the Moby Service WSDL from
> a URL.  This isn't an official part of the API, but we should probably
> consider adding it, since almost every SOAP tool expects to be able to
> retrieve WSDL from a URL.
>
> The pattern is:
>
> http://biomoby.org/services/wsdl/auth.uri/serviceName

This is great. If only all services were GETtable, the web would
probably be a better place.

On a similar subject, you recently said that BioMOBY might be adding a
sort-of RESTful API soon.

Just curious, can we HTTP POST, PUT and DELETE to these (or any other)
BioMOBY URI's in true RESTful style [1]?

Avoiding the SOAP-and-WSDL-nightmare completely?

Duncan

[1] http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~hulld/q2007-06-30.html

--
Duncan Hull